Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A little about me...

Write a post about how you use new communication technologies to communicate with your friends and family....
* How long have you been using these communication technologies?
I have been using new communication technologies for roughly 10 years.
* What influenced you to start using these particular technologies? How did you find out about them?
I first learnt about a computer and the internet when my next door neighbours first purchased one (they were particularly tech savvy). I remember it opened a world of knowledge and ways to communicate with others around the globe. The fact that I could talk to someone in Hong Kong, Paris, London etc. really excited me. I proposed the idea of getting a computer with the internet to my parents stating that it would really help me with my homework assignments.
* Is privacy an issue for you when using new technologies? What do you think of companies like Facebook and Google who collect information about their users? (How do you deal with issues around privacy?)
Privacy isn't really an issue for me when using new technologies, I have never uploaded anything that I wouldn't want someone else to know about (I'm not that stupid!).
* Do you have friends whom you know only from the internet and have never met in person? Is this different to people that you know in person? Describe the difference.
I have a rule.... to NEVER EVER accept a friend request from someone I don't know. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment